Re: [hertzog@debian.org: Re: Woody retrospective and Sarge introspective]

Moshe Zadka <m@moshez.org> writes:
> More important, which distribution should users who want cutting edge
> software use?  Up to know, through all of Debian's life, the answer
> was "unstable".  Now, you propose it to be "unstable, but with t-p-u,
> except they might not be installatable, so maybe testing with t-p-u
> except then you miss out on some cutting edge stuff"? Try saying both
> answers five times quickly to see which one is easier... ;)

Yeah, this is the main problem I have with proposals like this.

With the current set of distributions, the rules for users are reasonably
simple [my personal rule is `unstable for systems with a high-bandwidth net
connection (so I can easily fix problems), and testing for low-bandwidth
systems (so I don't waste time downloading completely borked packages)'].

If the number of distributions increases and gets weirdly complex, users
will probably just stick to one of the easily understandable options.

-Miles
--
[|nurgle|]  ddt- demonic? so quake will have an evil kinda setting? one that
            will  make every christian in the world foamm at the mouth?