Re: Planned packages for sarge

On Jul 21, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> Mark Howard wrote on Sun Jul 21, 2002 um 11:52:13AM:
>
> > Are there any plans for what packages will go into sarge? or will you
> > just wait xx months and freeze with whatever is there at the time.
> >
> > IMHO, it would be better to plan what is expected to go in sarge, then
> > the freeze can start as soon as these packages are ready and any other
> > major releases will have to wait until sarge+1. Hopefully then new
> > upstream releases won't hold back the next release.
> >
> > A start of a list could look like:
> > - new menu system
>
> IMHO no. Transition would take too long.

Well, the first cut of the new menu system will support legacy menu
entries (the code is already mostly there, I just need to dump the
menu entries out in .desktop format using UTF-8).  I figure a drop-in
replacement for menu should be done by early October (I'd say
September, but my net access is basically just email and hacking on
remote systems until mid-August.  Besides, reportbug 2.0 has to be
released officially at some point...).

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Instructor and Ph.D. Candidate, Political Science, Univ. of Mississippi
208 Deupree Hall - 662-915-5765