Re: Christian Marillat, once again

Le Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 12:53:53PM -0500, Steve Langasek écrivait:
> > The good thing to do is to decide to help him... or if you can't to ask
> > other people to help him. Sure, he could do that himself ... but nobody
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > is perfect.
>
> If Christian has too much to do, could he not ask for help?  Isn't that
                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you made some efforts to read what people say... :-)

> part of the duties of a Debian Developer -- just as it's the duty of a

Sure it is. I never said that Christian was perfect... I
said the contrary just above !

> You seem to be arguing that because Christian normally does good work,
> we should not raise the issue when he acts in a manner which is counter

You can raise the issue, but why not start by discussing with him like
you would do in real life ? Why the need to post to debian-devel with
subjects like "Marillat once again" ? It's usually not productive to
flame people ... they just close their ears and bury themselves.

Just read the thread, he never participated here, I'm not even sure that
someone cced him ...

> 'bickering' when we try to make sure that our members are all playing by
> the ground rules that hold our project together?

I'm not arguing against the "What you want to change", but against the "How you
expect to make things change".

Cheers,