Re: /root has 755 after installation?

Am Donnerstag, 11. Juli 2002 00:01 schrieb Michael Stone:
> On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 11:32:38AM +0200, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
> > Just installed another woody machine for testing. Now I'm wondering why
> > /root is readable for everyone.
>
> Why not? This is a perennial argument for which I've never seen a
> reasonable rationale. There is nothing in the default install that
> requires ~root to be any mode other than 755. If you decide to use ~root
> for a non-default purpose, it is reasonable that you tailor your
> permissions.

Hmm. I read the threads from 11/2000, so its just a matter of how the admin
wants the ~root permissions set. Was just wondering because debian is the
first distribution I saw with ~root 755 by default.

In fact - you're right. There's nothing in it by default that should be
hidden from curious users. So: its ok for me ;-)

-Cajus