Re: Running wish from debian/rules ?

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 12:25:56AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> > I have a package which wants to check the Tcl and Tk versions by having wish
> > run a script.  Unfortunately this requires a DISPLAY, which our autobuilders
> > probably don't have.  I can't see a wish flag that would turn this
> > requirement off, and I'm no Tk guru.
[...]
> xvfb.deb contains xvfb-run, and is the X maintainer approved way of running
> apps that require $DISPLAY.

Well, it's more than just me that approves of it.  Adam Heath and Jeff
Licquia helped me come up with it.  :)

xvfb-run was originally written to tackle the problem that python-opengl
wouldn't autobuild, for the exact reasons you're encountering.  So you
might want to take a look at the current version of python-opengl for
tips on how to accomplish what you want.  There are essentially two
steps:

1) update debian/rules to use xvfb-run
2) update the Build-Depends

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       Extra territorium jus dicenti