Re: ITP: elinks (split links and elinks)

On 10-Jun-02, 17:14 (CDT), Peter Gervai <grin@tolna.net> wrote:
>  Doing that raised another question which I am not able to answer due the
>  fuzzy discussions all around: can I discard 'links-ssl' (and possible
>  'elinks-ssl') and simply include SSL-enabled versions in main? There are
>  several SSL-enabled packages in main but the policy (as far as my eyes
>  serve me right) still seem to deny this. Anyone feeling authoritative
>  regarding this?
>
>  URL (for both): http://links.browser.org/
>  License: GPL

Regardless of crypto-in-main, you can't distribute GPL binaries linked
with OpenSSL; the licenses are not compatible. If the copyright holder
adds an explicit "it's GPL, but you can also link with OpenSSL"
statement, it should be okay.

(Yes, there are several packages in Debian now that violate this. See
recent discussions in debian-legal.)

--
Steve Greenland

    world.       -- seen on the net