Re: lintian and copyright file

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 11:48:07AM +0200, Marc Leeman wrote:
> I might have missed something, but when I run lintian over the nvrec
> package, it complains about the copyright file, even though I modified
> it as indicated in the file itself (GPL file).

It would've been nice if you had quoted what lintian said ...

Anyway:

  $ lintian nvrec_20020530-1_i386.deb
  E: nvrec: no-copyright-file

And, sure enough, the package doesn't contain
/usr/share/doc/nvrec/copyright. You should install it in debian/rules.

You also need to clean up all the example files lying around in your
debian/ directory, and personally I would suggest using something other
than debstd.