Re: This is how packaging should be done.

* Jeremiah Mahler (jmahler@pacbell.net) wrote :
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 02:46:57PM +0200, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> > Hi Jeremiah!
> >
> > You wrote:
> >
> > > What about the idea that anyone (not just maintainers) can submit
> > > packages and they will available immediately to others without
> > > having to go through an intermediate person.
> >
> > There's a reason for that, you know. The idea is that we want to make
> > sure that all debian developers are competent.
> >

>  if (person is a developer) {
>  	person is competent
>  } else {
> 	person is not competent
>  }
bad algorithm:
if (person is a developer) {
        they is _verified_ (in as much as they've passed the tests we set)
        as being competent
} else {
        we're not in a position to make a value judgement
        and are therefore taking the only position we can take, ie not
        trusting the person.
}

--
Thom May -> thom@debian.org

US elections:
For those of you fearing that the rest of the world might be making fun
of the US because of this: Rest assured, we are.