Re: Wish: Unfreeze Woody and start anew

On Sun, 2002-06-09 at 15:38, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> On 9 Jun 2002, Florent Rougon wrote:
>
> > 1) When you want to push Linux somewhere, you have to *show* a nice
> >    desktop. That's it. People want to see something looking good, yeah,
> >    in graphical mode, so they can think the OS is good... They want to
> >    see this on "the new server running ******".
> >

> Oh THAT kind of person.  They are easy to deal with.
>
> 1.  Take a computer that runs Xfree86 4.2 and make a screenshot.
>
> 2.  Print it out.
>
> 3.  Tape it over the screen of the prospective Debian server.
>
> They'll never know the difference!

Hehehe, however i understand what this guy is going through. Trying to
pursuade an NT admin that his linux squid box doesnt need X on was quite
hard.

Of course it does now have X on for me to run galeon on with a nice big
monitor, but that was beside the point =)

Cheers
--
Rob 'robster' Bradford
http://robster.org.uk