Re: How to package device files?

#include <hallo.h>
Wichert Akkerman wrote on Fri May 31, 2002 um 01:41:37PM:

> What has the BTS got to do with this? Policy is very clear on this
> point:
>
>      If a package needs any special device files that are not included in
>      the base system, it must call `MAKEDEV' in the `postinst' script,
>      after asking the user for permission to do so.

If you wanna enforce this rule, you have to take makedev away from it's
maintainer or allow anyone NMU it. Otherwise, Bdale has all the power to
make packaging more complicated for maintainers of such packages.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter