ADA, GNAT, and GDB

Hello,

What is the status of Ada/Gnat support in GDB 5.x?

I found a patched version of gnat-gdb-5 lying around, but this is really
old (and buggy), and doesn't seem to support binaries compiled with Gnat
3.1:

>~/tmp/gnat-gdb-5/gdb/gdb ./mytest
GNU gdb 5.0.gnat.3.15w-41
Ada Core Technologies version of GDB for GNAT Professional
are
conditions.
See your support agreement for details of warranty and support.
If you do not have a current support agreement, then there is absolutely
no warranty for this version of GDB. Type show warranty for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux"...Dwarf Error: Cannot handle
DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader.

I would file a bug report on gdb, but there already are bug reports, one
almost 3 years old.

So I tried debugging my gnat 3.1 compiled application using Gdb in
Debian, anyway, and it seems incapable of doing even very primitive
stuff (maybe this is as a result of gcc 3.1 ABI changes?):

(gdb) b main
internal error - unimplemented function unk_lang_create_fundamental_type
called.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>