Re: some stuff up for adoption

Robert van der Meulen wrote:

> As for kernel-patch-int; i'm offering it in case there are people
> who need this. In my opinion it should be removed, and replaced with
> cryptoapi (which i ITP'd a while ago; orphaning these will probably
> give me the opportunity to finally upload it :) ).

The newest cryptoapi incarnation seems to be back at kernel-patching,
though.

> The format of volumes encrypted by kernel-patch-int and cryptoapi
> differs, and kernel-patch-int volumes will not be usable by
> cryptoapi.

If you're alluding to the iv changes, that is not true. At least I
could get at data on a CDROM crypted under the old scheme after
burning a few black candles.

So keeping the old kerneli patch around may be unnecessary.

--
Robbe