Re: Wishlist for woody+1

On Mon, 27 May 2002, Anthony Towns wrote:

> True. Apparently it's more like 150 new bugs per day:
>
> BPD=150;
> for a in `seq 148200 -1000 120000`; do
> 	k=/org/bugs.debian.org/spool/db-h/00/$a.status;
> 	if [ ! -e "$k" ]; then
> 		k=/org/bugs.debian.org/spool/archive/00/$a.status;
> 	fi;
> 	x=`head -2 < $k | tail -1`;
> 	l=$(((148200 - $a) / $BPD));
> 	echo "$a $l:" `date -d "1/1/1970 $x seconds"` `date -d "$l days ago"`;
> done
>
> gives an estimate that matches the data fairly closely.

Btw, /org/bugs.debian.org/spool/realtime/bug.idx is an MLDBM tied hash, that
contains all data from .status, plus a few other tid bits(stat structures for
.log, .report, and .status).

Of course, it only contains active bugs, not ones that have been archived.
I'm working at fixing that, however.

> That seems pretty odd. The non-wishlist, non-merged graph shows the number
> of bugs is rising, so if that difference (600 fewer open bugs at one time
> than another) it's an artifact of fixed bugs being closed, wishlist bugs
> being closed, or bugs with many many merged reports being closed.
>
> Is there any way of validating your numbers?

Compare /org/bugs.debian.org/spool/debbugs.trace(the one written to), to
/org/bugs.debian.org/spool/realtime/debbugs.trace.  My index generator saves a
copy of that for each run, then diff's it the next time it is run, to find out
what has changed.