Re: nomarch-1.2 - Problems with RLE patent 4,586,027

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 06:20:24AM -0700, Jim Lynch wrote:
> First off, sorry about mailing to you directly as well as to the list.
> I'll get that fixed soon.

Your backspace key is broken?

> (did you read the above? I'm not suggesting the lawyers are needed to
> -determine- if the patents are bogus. I'm stating that if debian is to
> have this backbone and set of balls you speak of, it should -fight- the
> patents and have them recinded. So, in fact we do agree that the patents
> are bogus, but you believe they should be ignored and I believe they
> should be dealt with.)

We don't have the funds for that, and that is not our charter. If you
want to establish an organization whose charter *is* to fight software
patents, more power to you--but I have a feeling your funding will run
out fairly quickly.

--
Mike Stone