Re: Debian Conference 2 Registration

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 08:39:21PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> I'm somewhat puzzled:
>
> Server: Microsoft-IIS/4.0

> Form submission goes to:
> Submit to http://net2.com/_vti_bin/shtml.dll/debconf2/index.html
>
> If I get this right, then registration for the Debian Conference,
> to a conference run by Free Software bigots, goes through heavily
> non-free and proprietary software that we are not even allowed to
> place in our non-free section outside of our distribution.
>
> I'd be glad if somebody could prove me wrong

I can't prove you wrong, but perhaps you could talk to some wine people?
AFAIK Lindows also sponsored wineconf, so perhaps they have already
tackled that problem?

Apart from that, Lindows seems to cooperate with the Wine project
nicely. Sure, they have a root account without a password (from what
I've heard), but I don't think they gonna shoot us once we're all
inside... :)

Michael, too far away from Canada :(