Re: Bochs, plex86 and vmware (Was: Re: sid: libc6-2.2.5-4 kills vmware workstation 3.0)

** On Mar 26, Brian May scribbled:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 07:05:48PM +0100, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> > You could try the free plex86 and/or bochs which are doing almost the
> > same things. They are even in Debian.
>
> How reliable are these? Last I looked, I saw this serious warning that
> running the kernel modules for plex86 could crash your computer, and I
> chickened out....
And last time I checked plex86 was a darned slow beast... I ran only DOS in
it and tried Win95 - the former ran ok, the latter... I lost my patience...
Have things gotten any better lately?

marek

--
Visit: http://caudium.net - the Caudium WebServer

/* A completely unrelated fortune */
 God created woman.  And boredom did indeed cease from that moment -- but
 many other things ceased as well.  Woman was God's second mistake.   --
 Nietzsche