Re: problem with debconf and start-stop-daemon

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 08:59:57AM -0600, Steve Greenland wrote:
> I wasn't, although I wasn't seriosly thinking it should be standard
> practice, either. The --exec thing has always bugged me, though. (I
> *do* understand why it's a generally good idea, but the fact that a
> debian specific bit of code interacts badly with upgrades seems a little
> ironic.)

Maybe I don't know what I am talking about <grin/>, but would it be
possible to lookup the inode of the executable when starting it,
and then look it up before killing it?

hmmmm.... not sure if it is possible to lookup the inode number of a
process running from a deleted executable, but anyway, just an idea...

I think the inode number should stay the same for the duration the
process runs.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>