Re: Debian-based distro for blind users

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 03:49:52PM -0500, sebastien wrote:
> I created a mailinglist, anyone willing to get info about linux for blind
> should join it so we can exchange info easely
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/braillespeak-devel

Are you unaware of the blinux project?  I believe their project is Red Hat
based, but the software runs on Debian systems.

Unfortunately chances of speech-enabled Debian installation media are
probably pretty small since the only way to do it universally is to use
ViaVoice TTS.  And then you have to consider that many people still have
old ISA sound cards in x86 and these are still difficult to automatically
configure.  =(

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>        Sanity is counterproductive

<toor> netgod: what do you have in your kernel??? The compiled source for
       driving a space shuttle???
<Spoo> time to make a zip drive your floppy drive then. if the kernel
       doesn fit on that, the kernel is an AI