Re: Pingos

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 08:28:57AM +0100, Tille, Andreas wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > I also think this would be a great game to have in woody.  It would be
> > even better if it wasn't i386-specific.

> > <http://bugs.debian.org/102502>

> > To answer James' question, although pingus itself is not i386-specific,
> > the libraries it depends on (ClanLib in particular) are sadly full of
> > Intelisms, and it took a fair amount of coaxing to get a working binary
> > (as opposed to just a binary) on my alpha system.
> Did you use the latest Debian ClanLib packages?  I do know two ClanLib
> dependend games which at least are builded for all released architectures:

Sure, and I could get pingus to compile, too; it's just getting it to
run that's the problem.

So if pingus is arch: i386, it gets a bug filed against it for having a
gratuitous arch restriction; if it's arch: any, it gets bugs filed
against it for being completely broken on non-i386 architectures, thanks
to clanlib. <shrug>

> It would be of really great help if people who investigated some time
> would put their results anywhere online to prevent others from starting
> from scratch.

I thought I'd submitted my work w/ clanlib on alpha to the BTS, but I
don't see it there. I'll try to gather things up and do so.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer