Closing other packages bugs in Changelog

I have filed a bug (135245) which has been marked priority wishlist
that I consider to be of great importance.  If you upload a package
which contains Closes: lines in the changelog and it happens to be
numbers of bugs for other packages it closes them.  However, if you
upload a NMU of a package which closes bugs on that package it marks
the bugs as NMU fixed.  I propose that either a check be put in place
so that packages can not close other packages bugs(*), or have no
checkin at all, so NMU's close bugs as well.  The only logical reason
I could come up with wanting to close another package's bugs would be
in a case where a reassignment of the bug for archive purposes
beforehand would be appropriate.

Of course the BTS can be abused in various other ways through typos in
control for example, but that does not dimish the problem of bad
Changelog bug closing.

Am I missing something?

- Chris Cheney

* WNPP being a special case that could still close bugs on.