Re: security issue with mutt / vim

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 11:38:28AM +0100, Michael Piefel wrote:
> > > They are enabled by default.
> > Yes, but everybody I know disables them manually, because
> > they are fscking annoying
>
> Then the people you know are not a representative set of vim users. Many
> people love ftplugins. Actually, everybody I know has them enabled.
> (Probably not too representative either.)
>
> I can't see anything annoying about them, perhaps you are talking about
> the automatic indentation?  This is sometimes getting in my way. (When
> faced with the choice of switching ftindent off or accepting it, I
> usually succumb.)

Disable?  eh.  If it's really a problem, put set noai in your ~/.vimrc.  I
happen to like it, though for the most part the settings are wrong for me.
That's easily fixed for, eg, C source, like this:

	augroup knghtbrd
	         :
	  au BufRead *.c,*.h set ts=4 sw=4 tw=78
	         :
	augroup END

(Please note that the above settings will probably get you smacked around
like a redheaded stepchild in most projects.  It is the opinion of most
UNIX people that tab is intended by divine will to be 8 spaces and you
should probably remove the ts=4 if you just want a 4 space indent.  You
can't beat the above for dense graphics code though!)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>      Intelligent backside at large

<Knghtbrd> Yorick: no problem with indexed color palettes for images, as
           long as you can pick the palette
<Yorick> Obviously the people creating quake were colour-blind but that
         doesn't mean you have to be