Re: Debian doesn't have to be slower than time.

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 12:40:11AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >>"Michael" == Michael Neuffer <neuffer@sciobyte.de> writes:
>
>  Michael> There are two things:
>
>  Michael> 1. Packages should not only build on the maintainers machine
>  Michael>    but they should be able to compile in a "standard" environment
>  Michael>    to begin with.
>
> 	The counter to this is packages that build on ``standard''
>  buildd machines and fail to build on normal joe sixpack machines,
>  since buildd machines have been modofied (like the kernel-headers
>  issues right now worked around in buildd).

I gave up trying to use kernel-headers with uclibc.  There are too
many variations, in too many directories, and the autobuilders don't
have any particular package consistently installed.  Switching to a
dependency on kernel-source-2.4.16 and untarring the files I need
worked the first time on all architectures.

dave...