Re: Proposed New Incoming System

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 11:31:42PM +0000, James Troup wrote:

>   o uploads of large packages directly to incoming over a slow link
>     can lead to bogus rejections.
>
>     * solution: Ensure the .changes file is the last file to be
>                 uploaded (dput and dupload already do this) or upload
>                 to a temporary directory then mv them into place with
>                 ssh.

FYI, I know that dupload used to have a feature I used that allowed you
to specify a "staging" directory. It would upload there first (I used
~/upload/), and then move it to incoming after it was complete. Not sure
if dput has this feature, but it should, especially in light of this
proposed change.

Also, James (and whoever else helped), kick ass work. Not many people
acknowledge the amount of work you guys put into the archive
maintenance, making our work easier with each change.

/       Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux    --    WatchGuard.com      \
`          bcollins@debian.org   --   Ben.Collins@watchguard.com           '