Re: facilitating donations

also sprach Anders Jackson <anders.jackson@minpost.nu> [2002.02.07.0547 +0100]:
> I don't think a company will work very well in some countries (like
> Sweden).  You will be taxed like one, and if your company doesn't do
> right, you will be taxed quite much (but if you invests a lot in the
> company, you will get low taxes.  Which means "the money has to work")

i doubt that sweden lacks the concept of a charitable organization.

> So a solution for each country should (and have to) be worked out
> separately.

quite obviously. which is going to be one of the major problems, and
i am not entirely sure how to develop a solution.

i think that in the beginning stages of a project like this, it will
suffice if you just work your way down the demographic list of users
sorted in decreasing order of popularity. us works, germany too. now
the UK and other countries should be "attacked" (oh lord, just set off
echelon).

> And the goals for those organisations should be set, but
> not the means(sp?).

they don't have goals differing from debian's. means (sp correct) are
country specific. what they do need to have is some form of
organization and a trust management.

scintillation is not always identification for an auric substance.