Re: woody: Remaining RC bugs in base system

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 01:47:30PM +0100, Richard B. Kreckel wrote:
> Another example is #130914, a complete show-stopper -- it has not (yet)
> been marked RC but it makes the whole bison package totally useless for
> anybody using it from C++.  IMNSHO, the old version should be resurrected.

Old versions cannot be "resurrected" in the sense your thinking. It
just doesn't work. You need to upload a new version that fixes the
problems. It's quite possible to revert to the old behaviour (cf
automake/automake1.5), but it still has to be a new version.

Cheers,
aj

The daffodils are coming. Are you?
      linux.conf.au, February 2002, Brisbane, Australia
                                --- http://linux.conf.au/