SPAM vs. open list

  It seems we have an agreement on not closing the list to subscribers
only as a measure against spam. Spam is irritating, how ever and I would
guess the amount of non-subscriber postings is quite low, so this makes me
think of an alternative solution: Why not moderate the postings of
non-subscribers? It would be easy to stop the spams at moderators and let
valid mails through.

  Of course, this needs the moderator(s), but I am sure there are people
who would be willing to do that. I volunteer at once, if this is
implemented!

  Just some thoughts... later.

                | Juha Jäykkä, juolja@utu.fi                    |
                | home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/              |