Re: Understanding my package entry in update_excuses

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 09:54:12PM -0800, Yves Arrouye wrote:

> (I hope debian-devel rather than debian-mentors is okay for that question.)
>
> The update_excuses.html for my package says:
>
> icu (1.8.1-2 to 2.0-1)
> Maintainer: Yves Arrouye
> 26 days old (needed 10 days)
> out of date on arm: icu, icu-locales, libicu-dev (from 1.8.1-2)
> out of date on sparc: icu, icu-locales, libicu-dev (from 1.8.1-2)
> icu (source, alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc,
> s390, sparc) is buggy! (1 > 0)
> Not considered
>
> I have just uploaded a 2.0-2 after fixing the crash of the build on ARM. My
> questions are:
>
> - What exactly are the 'out of date' messages?

These mean that there are no binary packages for the current version of the
source package on those architectures.  This usually means that there was a
failure when they tried to build your package (check buildd.debian.org if
you haven't received bug reports about it).

> - What is the (1 > 0) count?

Release-critical bugs.  #128484 was filed against icu 9 days ago.  It
happens to be a bug about building on ARM.

> - Will 2.0-2 be reconsidered for testing now that it has been uploaded?

Yes.  Note that the "days old" count will start over.  If 2.0-2 fixes
#128484, AND no other bugs are reported for 10 days, AND the package is
built successfully for all appropriate architectures, then it will go into
testing.

--
 - mdz