Re: A suggestion for the woody freeze

 Tomas> On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

 Tomas> My personal opinion on this is that there is very little
 Tomas> motivation for joe developer to help with the freeze.

 >> We have sunk to the state that a debian developer now needs
 >> ``incentives'' to help with the freeze?

 Tomas> You have left out the rest of my reasoning which is central to the
 Tomas> argument.

	I have, however, read it; and I reject your thesis
 outright. If anyone is a Debian developer and is not interested in
 making it the best distribution ever, and is only interesting in
 running sid and that scratches their itch, they should reconsider
 their dedication and get out of the project. Non developers are
 allowed to run Sid too.

 Tomas> If there's a problem and one wants to fix it one has to find
 Tomas> the reason for the problem - even if the reason for this
 Tomas> problem might not be pretty.

	Yes. But if lackadaisical developers are the problem, the
 solution is to find them and ask them to leave the project, since
 they are doing more damage to it than they are worth.

	It is one thing not to have time to spend on the project. It
 is one thing to not have the ability to do things. But being
 indifferent, needing ``incentives'' to do help make the project
 better, is quite another altogether.

	manoj
--
 God help the troubadour who tries to be a star.  The more that you
 try to find success, the more that you will fail. Phil Ochs, on the