Re: A suggestion for the woody freeze

On Thu, 2002-01-17 at 15:27, Vince Mulhollon wrote:
> What I think we need, is a policy change that dramatically loosens the
> rules about NMUs, to encourage more of them.

No, we don't want things to degenerate into some kind of free-for-all.
Loosening the rules won't do anything to stop maintainers getting upset
if someone makes what they think is a "bad" NMU.

> Is it really "free software" if one developer arbitrarily prevents another
> developer from applying a simple patch?  I think not.

Sure it is.  The first developer can take the source, make his own
distribution, and patch it to his heart's content.

p.