Re: Will woody ever become stable?

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 10:10:31AM -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 08:16:29AM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > This seems a reasonable policy.  I believe 'junkbuster' would be a
> > candidate for this, given that the maintainer does not seem to be
> > actively maintaining it, and that I've never missed it when connected
> > over a dialup.

> > I may pick junkbuster up if it needs a new maintainer,

> I have it on good authority that the maintainer is still interested
> in maintaining junkbuster.

According to the changelog, the last maintainer upload was almost 3
years ago, and there have been two NMUs since then.  Paul, if you do
intend to continue maintaining this package, please do an upload soon.
Otherwise, I'll be doing an NMU next week to address the outstanding RC
bug and remove the package from the dialup task.  An RC bug in a package
that stands to hold up the freeze should not be allowed to languish for
2 months -- especially when the bug report goes so far as to provide a
workaround.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer