Re: Will woody ever become stable?

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 10:42:37PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 11:32:00AM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> > So the criterion for packages being base are 'Allan Jensen expects
> > it'?  :-) I'm a little confused, actually, since the copy I have here
> > at work (potato machine) is Priority: optional, Section: utils.
>
> 'dpkg -s' shows section utils, but apt-cache shows section base.
> IIRC, dpkg is using the info from the package while apt-cache
> is using the info from the Packages file, which is definitive.

Yes, that means it is overridden to base in the override file.  I'm
just wondering why...

> Perhaps priority extra would be appropriate too? It requires special
> hardware (a supported floppy drive - something the m68k Mac port
> doesn't have and many hppa systems don't either, for example).

Well.  If we define 'special' hardware as hardware that debian users
are unlikely to have, then we'd have to concede that most debian users
*will* have supported floppy drives.  The huge majority, I'd
guesstimate (basing it, for example, on how many i386 CDs we sell at
UK debian expos as opposed to other arches)

Jules