Re: Will woody ever become stable?

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Colin Watson wrote:

> I'd like to second that. I think I pay reasonably close attention to
> what's going on, but the single most helpful thing from where I'm
> sitting would be an occasional statement of what the blocking issues
> are.
>
> To try to contribute something myself, looking at base, we have:

One note on this:

In the current model with the base freeze the complete set of base and
standard packages must be in a releasable state, which means that e.g.
_all_ bugs in the boot-floppies must be fixed (as already said - this must
happen although the frozen packages often depend on non-frozen packages
and the standard packages (IOW: packages whose bugs are listed at [1])
themselves are not frozen (it seems a package is frozen when
update_excuses [2] says that the 2/5/10 days delay until it may enter
testing is doubled)), before we enter the next stage of the freeze. If it
takes e.g. another five months until this is achieved this means it takes
another five months until we enter the next stage of the freeze - and it
will then still need many months to get the > 300 RC bugs in the other
packages fixed...

cu
Adrian

[1] http://standard.debian.net/