Re: IBM "Key alliances" ?

Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
>  <URL:http://www-1.ibm.com/linux/>
>
>  On the right is a panel listing "Key Alliances".  Why are we not
>  listed?  It would be a good thing for Debian to ally with IBM,
>  wouldn't it?  If I had a job as a system admin at an IBM shop, I'd
>  much prefer to use Debian than RH.

IBM needs a company to out-source support and warranty, so Debian
can't be a partner in the regular sense, like SuSE, Caldera or
RedHat.  We can't give out warranty, we even can't sign a contract
saying that somebody will look at the problem not later than 24 hours
after the report.

There is, however, discussion going to join some partner program with
IBM for the S/390 through a German company that partners with IBM and
also with Debian.  Check the partners page of Debian for Trustsec (not
yet added, though).

Regards,

	Joey