Re: Help with configure failure on ia64 [ogle: misdetect libxml2 version]

On Fri, 2002-01-11 at 20:37, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> mikael.hedin@irf.se (Mikael Hedin) writes:
>
> > ogle doesn't build on ia64, and I don't understand what's causing it.
> > The configure script stops when testing xml2-config, but the correct
> > version is on the system.
>
> This often indicates that the configure script is trying to run a small
> test program and the test program is seg faulting at run time.

Which is exactly the case here, but I'm not sure why: after looking into
it, gcc gives warnings on a couple of lines (pointer to integer
assignments), but those lines contain char* to char* assignments (in
configure - actually, the particular lines mentioned are comments, but I
assume there's an off-by-one bug.). In short, I'm stumped.

Is there any way to get configure to leave its failed test programs
lying around so we can see what went wrong?

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

Please encrypt email sent to me.