Re: serious bug. Evolution and Microsoft mentality.

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 12:38:30PM -0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> Actually the attached patch is the "correct one". There is no need to
> memset and you should use PATH_MAX rather than 4096.

Both is incorrect. PATH_MAX isn't required by POSIX and some systems
don't have it (the Hurd for example). The Hurd simply doesn't have a
limit (the GNU Coding Standards says arbitrary limits should be
avoided, they are bad (think about the 640k limit, 1024 cylinder
limit, etc)). If we have to define some limit it would be so large
that it is not suitable for static allocation. You should use dynamic
allocation and not limit you in any way.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org