Re: serious bug. Evolution and Microsoft mentality.

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Erik Steffl wrote:

> Tomas Pospisek's Mail Lists wrote:

> > > Most things (certainly mutt and kmail, I can't think of anything else I
> > > tried that gave me problems) interoperate quite happily with both UW
> > > IMAP and Courier IMAP.  I can't think off-hand of a client that wouldn't
> > > play with UW IMAP.
> >
> > I have yet to find out how to be able to see my inbox as well as all its
> > subfolders (that's how it's set up on cyrus) from home.
>
>   I am not sure if uw-imap supports anything else but mbox format by
                     ^^^^^^^

Um a bit further down in my original posting I wrote:

* ... yes, the problem is namespacing and that allthough there's a
* standard it seems that either client (pine) or server cyrus 1.5.x from
                                                        ^^^^^
* debian seem to be unable to get things straight between them.

> default and with mbox you cannot have folders that contain message and
> subfolders (it's one or another). so there's no such thing as inbox and
> its subfolders.
>
>   if you're using maildir and it doesn't work properly then I don't
> know, haven't tried uw-imap with maildir...

for cyrus INBOX seems to be the root directory. Incoming mail ends up in
INBOX. Subdirs are created within INBOX.

It might be that I didn't get cyrus the config right but AFAIK it's the
default setup. But IMHO one should not be required to dig RFCs in depth to
be able to use a mailclient.

*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch