Re: serious bug. Evolution and Microsoft mentality.

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 02:36:01PM +0100, tpo2@sourcepole.ch wrote:

> IMO IMAP is still a PITA, AFAIK the only well and out of the box
> interoperating combination of MUA and IMAPd is pine together with
> uw-imapd which is about as configurable as your sunglasses. With other
> Linux combinations you'll have to go fiddling with Prefix&|View =
> INBOX. | INBOX* | INBOX.% | INBOX etc.

Most things (certainly mutt and kmail, I can't think of anything else I
tried that gave me problems) interoperate quite happily with both UW
IMAP and Courier IMAP.  I can't think off-hand of a client that wouldn't
play with UW IMAP.

MUAs that don't interoperate happily with both could probably be
considered buggy - the main problem is likely to be namespacing and
there's standard ways for the server to inform the client about the
namespaces it uses.