Re: postfix/postfix-tls vs. smtpd bug

On Mon, 07 Jan 2002, martin f krafft wrote:
> should i file this bug against both packages, or which one should get
> precedence? i feel like postfix will be losing out...
>
> dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/smtpd_2.0-4_i386.deb
>  trying to overwrite `/usr/share/man/man8/smtpd.8.gz', which is also in
>  package postfix-tls

smtpd in postfix is a private executable, so it has far less precedence than
the one in smtpd. On the other hand, the postfix manpages are crucial to
figure out what the hell a config option really does, so they are needed.

I would suggest all postfix private executable manpages to be moved from
section 8 to section 8postfix or something like that, if man-db will not
mind the change in the filename from .8 to .8postfix...

  Henrique Holschuh