Re: maintainer for cervisia is MIA

On Sun, 6 Jan 2002 01:34:53 +0100
Ulrich Eckhardt <doomster@knuut.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I mailed the maintainer of the above package on the eleventh of december and
> haven't got a reply yet. All the bugs of the package are pretty old, a new
> version of the proggy is also available upstream, current version is > a year
> old.
>
> what should I do/can be done?
I hope I am not doing something wrong quoting this here:

"- you get some information about the maintainer (you see if he has many
  outstanding bugs, how old the bugs are, you check the last seen
  field on db.debian.org (you need to authenticate to get the info))
- you mail mia-<loginofthemaintainer>@qa.debian.org
  (mia-foof@qa.debian.org is this case) explaining all what
  you learned. You may announce your intent to NMU in the same mail.
- you cc the maintainer in any case to let him a chance to react
- you forward any answer from the maintainer to
  mia-<loginofthemaintainer>@q.d.o
- you may also forward the dinstall message saying that the NMU has been
  installed ..." -- Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>

mailing the qa team may help as well

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
| : :'  : + Debian BR.......: <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>+
| `. `'`  + Q: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"          +
|   `-    | A: "Upstream's decision." -- hmh                  |