Re: dinstall/debian-installer

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 01:54:09AM +0000, James Troup wrote:
> > All you need is a documentation like README.first with "to disable
> > sending unsolicted mails do X,Y,Z".
>
> Sorry but given your track record I can't see that having helped.

Actually I thought I was doing quite a good job learning to use
this "difficult"[1] piece of software.

I have got my own mostly working archive for instance.

Yes, I made a mistake with the TrackingServer option, but considering
this option is documented deep down inside docs/README.config and
katie.py, mistakes are easy (IMHO) to make, even if you think mistakes
are inexcusable.

However, it seems that you are not interested in supporting me, and
prefer to insult me instead, so unless this changes I will have to
continue on the not-so-popular option of duplicating the work. The other
options in README do not support package pools.

(either by forking DAK or by continuing work on my darchbuilder program
- I haven't decided which yet; DAK has the advantage that a number of
  checks are already done, and removing old packages is done in a
  bug-free manner; darchbuilder has the advantage that it is my code, I
  understand it; and that there aren't going to be any "hidden"[1] traps).

Unless anything changes this will be my last E-Mail on the subject.

Notes:
[1] Pleae don't take offense at my use of these words.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>