Re: private debian pools

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 11:21:17AM +0100, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> Do you have some documentation done somewhere? I wasn't able to find the
> README file.

Sorry about that. It is possible that the webserver has somehow
been configured not to display README files.

For now I have renamed it to Readme.

Also I have identified a bug in the last line of installchanges,
it tries to move the changes file to the done directory with
this perl command:

rename($ARGV,"done") or die "Cannot move $ARGV to done: $!";

but perl isn't this convenient, I may have to extract the filename from
$ARGV (without the path) and add that to the end of the directory.

> d-arch-builder?? (debian-archive-builder)

Sounds good.

> > dpkg-scanpackages and dpkg-scansources have been hacked to take a
> > file with a list of packages as a parameter.
>
> Did you add the fuctionality or just a simple hack? maybe handling it
> as an cmd line option (ex: --file-list <file>) will make life much
> easier and merge with the original one much faster without breaking
> the normal functionalities.

A very simple hack, the first parameter is replaced with a file name,
this file is opened and a list of files retreived.

It is a 4 to 6 line diff.

The dpkg-scanudebs is almost identical but it has a single instance of
".deb" replaced with ".udeb".

A --file-list parameter would be good, and an option to use udebs
instead of debs.

A --file-list option will make the first parameter obsolete though, it
is not required.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>