Re: filing bug reports on 2002-10-14 to remove above packages from unstable

On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 08:26:50PM +0100, Rob Bradford wrote:
> > python-plplot does not build with g++-3.2[0] (which gets dragged in as
> > Build-Dependancy by python2.2-dev[1]), and these are just the python
> > bindings for plplot.
> >
> > I guess you can only remove source packages, so removing plplot just
> > because its python-bindings are uninstallable at the moment seems a bit
> > too rude if you ask me.
>
> Why not upload a package that does not build the python bindings, that
> way the rest of the binary packages built from the source package can
> remain.

Actually, it is not a g++-3.2 problem, my fault. Altough python2.2-dev
depends on it and it is installed at build-time, the package itsself is
of course still compiled with our standard gcc.

It is not the python but the c++-bindings that fail, the last
buildd-builds went fine (until python got upgraded in unstable), so I've
got no idea at the moment what the problem is. I was able to build it
fine in a woody chroot, so perhaps a libc6-upgrade broke it, no idea.

Can somebody please have a look at this (plplot is the name of the
source package), the error is:

g++ -c            -O   -I. plstream.cc
In file included from /usr/include/stdlib.h:390,
                 from plplot/plplot.h:59,
                 from plstream.cc:9:
/usr/include/sys/types.h:99: declaration does not declare anything

all the other normal C-files compile with warnings, too:

gcc -fPIC -c          -O    -I. scstubs.c -o shared/scstubs.o
In file included from /usr/include/stdlib.h:390,
                 from plplot/plplot.h:59,
                 from plplot/plplotP.h:125,
                 from plplot/plstubs.h:15,
                 from scstubs.c:10:
/usr/include/sys/types.h:99: warning: empty declaration

This was not the case when the buildds last build it back in August.

thanks,

Michael