Re: Debian 3.0r1

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 06:33:58PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> In other words: no way. Adding SE Linux means adding a bunch of new
> packages, new kernels, modifying lots of scripts as well as dpkg.

You seem to imply that SE-Linux would have to get "added" to stable?

However, there is already a version in stable. An out-of-date,
version lacking some important features and bug fixes available in
the version in unstable.

I can count two source packages that would need to be upgraded:

1. selinux-small (generates selinux, libselinux-dev, selinux-policy-default)
2. kernel-patch-2.4-lsm

To use selinux seriously you really need changes to dpkg, logrotate,
psmisc, shellutils, stat, cron, fileutils (did I miss any?), none
of those changes are available in stable either (the kernel patches
currently only work on i386).

So, the way I see it, if you upgrade selinux in stable, the
worst you could do is to break a broken set of packages ;-).
(of course Russell might disagree with that last claim).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>