Re: How do I install woody on 160 GB harddisk on KT333 chipset?

#include <hallo.h>
Till Tippel wrote on Sat Jun 01, 2002 um 09:22:49AM:

> the VIA VT8233A (note the 'A', it's the southbridge supporting ATA133)
> chipset in kernel 2.4.18. So I wanted to ask if anyone here has experience
> with this situation or can tell me how I have to proceed to get a working
> system?

I think, in the current situation it would be best to create a small
repository with modified boot-floppies, needed to support particular
software/hardware. Someone may cry "just as SuSE does". Well, it's
better than force every user to patch and replace the kernel, causing
lots of other trouble. I suggest:

 - SCSI optimised (i2o scsi drivers, more SCSI drivers built-in)
 - IDE optimised (patched to support >>160GB disks, HPT-372 controlers, etc.)
 - XFS filesystem (this does actually work, p.d.o/~blade/XFS-Install)
 - EVMS enabled (EMVS with LVM/md in the kernel, evms curses gui on the
   rescue disk)

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter