Re: Granual release proposal

#include <hallo.h>
Nick Phillips wrote on Sat May 25, 2002 um 11:50:16AM:

> Why not wait to see whether testing really works, and only make carefully-
> considered tweaks to it in the meantime. Don't forget that testing has
> started from unstable this time round. Next time it starts from stable.

Blah. Count the (currently active) RC bugs that came into testing when
it was spawned. Starting from Stable won't change much. In contrary,
using testing AS frozen is a bad idea, since Woody specific parts
(boot-floppies, base-config) went into Frozen without any or (any
sufficient) testing. Remember the base-config bug, or missing pppoeconf.
Many people burned lots of broken testing CD-ROMs. Why did all this
people use testing, when they looked for a distribution for daily use?
Correct, because of the fscking outdated _parts_ of Potato.
Such malheurs could be prevented if we realy _test_ the stuff in Testing
and move the section to working then (here: second part of the
new-style-freeze).

> One thing at a time. Patience is a virtue.

Too much patience indicates lazyness and weakness.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
This is Linux Country.  On a quiet night, you can hear Windows reboot.