Re: checking shared lib sonames, potential mass-filing of bugs.

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 11:47:37PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > > I don't understand you, please clarify.
> >
> > You can't just up and say something, and expect everyone to agree with you.
> > Prove what you say.
>
> Did you read it?
>
> Libpkg-guide: http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/

I did, and it seemed to contain a good bit of general advice for people
who have never packaged a lib before.  Messes like those found in SDL
can't be avoided, and I think you did a good job of covering even how to
fix those in a reasonable manner.  Of course all of the information you
provided should be found elsewhere and memory tells me that most of it is
found elsewhere - just not quite in one convenient place as you've done
here.

Thanks for taking the time to write it.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>         Do not write in this space

<kira> Ada, the only language written to milspec.
<Mikster> <shudder>