Re: Packages which need internet access, downloading source before build, should not be part of main.

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 10:06:49AM -0700, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > > Yes. The doc-linux package has a 'refresh' target in debian/rules
> Nice and simple wget commands.  Works for anyone.  No password.
>
> > I should probably add that doc-debian also has a refresh rule in
> > debian/rules that uses the network to refresh stuff, and that it is
> > used by the maintainer only.
>
> Why the maintainer only?  Why not me making local package?
>
> refresh: clean
>         dh_testdir
>         dh_testroot
>         cd FAQ && cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-doc up

You're imagining things ;) It says:

refresh:
        cd doc && wget -N -R "*keyring*" -R "*INDEX*" \
          ftp://ftp.hr.debian.org/debian/doc/*
        chmod 644 doc/*

It doesn't touch FAQ/, currently because I've hacked the makefile.

> Isn't it better for anyone to make local package easily?

It doesn't really matter, since the package is binary-all and rarely needs
to be rebuilt.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.