Re: XFree 4.2.0 - again

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 11:13:30AM +1200, grolschie wrote:
> 2). I don't think anybody realistically expected Brandon to have XF 4.2.0 in
> Woody. A couple of debs in unstable would be nice tho.

Just FYI:

I cannot both do that and properly take care of woody.  If I upload
4.2.0-1 to unstable, then I can't ever again release 4.1.0-anything to
unstable.  At least not with out signficant manual hand-holding from the
FTP admins, and they have plenty of other things to do.  And because of
that, if I uploaded 4.2.0-1 to unstable I'd better pray that no
release-critical issues arose in whatever version of 4.1.0 was in
testing.

This ceases to be a concern when woody releases.  4.2.0 can go to
unstable and ultimately propagate to testing, and updates to 4.1.0 can
go to stable-updates.

BTW, it's spelled "Branden".  ;-)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    There is no housing shortage in
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    Lincoln today -- just a rumor that