Re: [PORPOSAL] The current NM process impairs Debian quality

Manfred Wassmann@lists.debian-devel@24 Apr 2002 12:26:47 +0200:
>  Now these bugs are less likely to be fixed if the NM has to bug other
>  developers to sponsor the package for every little change to be made.

When my account wasn't created yet, I was quite used of this sponsoring
thingy. I just always sent my stuff to my AM or other sponsor and he
uploaded it, no problem. I almost did it again when I had my own account
already. ;-)

Now I have my account and I almost have more sponsorees than packages.
And I don't care about it.. So, ehr, prospective maintainers, y'all know
who's your friend now.. *cough* ;-) If the packages are good, it won't
take your sponsor more than 'a couple of minutes' to do the upload. If
the packages aren't good, ... well, then you shouldn't even *have* an
account yet and your AM should know that.

Which reminds me, I still have to bug one of my sponsorees for sending
me native packages. *g* (No offence Leo)

Wilmer v/d Gaast.