Re: Dselect insists on installing "info" when "cvs" is selected

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 06:02:13PM +0100, Otto Wyss wrote:
> > cvs doesn't recommend info, but info-browser.
...[snip]...
> Could you maybe change this "recommends" to "sugests"? Why do do use
> "recommends" here?

I would tend to agree.  The presense or lack of an info-browser does not
affect how cvs, as a application, is run.  In fact, it has nothing to do
with cvs, it is simply documentation.  Frankly, I'd remove it all
together.

I love the info docs, personally, but the Recommends|Suggests field is
not needed, especially if a text version of the documentation is
available.  If not, do a make-info --text in the rules file.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Get my public key, ICQ#, etc. $(mailx -s 'get info' chewie@wookimus.net)